- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 whole garlic heads
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cut the top third of garlic heads off so tops of cloves are exposed. Place heads, unpeeled, in ovenproof dish and drizzle with 1tablespoon oil. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the garlic cloves are soft and golden brown, another 30–40 minutes.
- In a food processor or using a hand mixer, combine the beans, roasted garlic, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and lemon juice and process until smooth. Add the salt and white pepper. This will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To serve, transfer to a bowl, garnish with the parsley leaves, and serve with vegetables.