- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Makes 12 muffins.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Gently spray muffin pan with oil or use muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas together with a fork and add the vanilla, oil and egg until mixture is mostly smooth. It will be slightly chunky. You can use a hand mixer if needed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in walnuts until combined.
- Distribute mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 190, Total Fat: 9g, Total Carbo: 23.2g, Dietary Fiber: 2.1g, Total Sugars: 5.7g, Protein: 3.8g