- 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites/egg substitutes)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (2% cheddar or part-skim mozzarella)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Whisk the eggs in a metal bowl with the salt and pepper
- Heat pan over medium heat until warm and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add egg to the pan.
- When the eggs begin to set, lift them and let the uncooked egg run to the bottom
- Loosen the egg from the bottom of the pan. Tile the pan so the omelet is up on the left side of the omelet pan. Sprinkle the cheese down the center of the omelet.
- Fold the right third of the omelet over the filled center. Tilt the pan and align the left edge of the pan with the center of the serving plate. Quickly flip the omelet out and over on itself. Serve.
Also add sautéed onion, diced ham, crumbled, cooked bacon, sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, salsa, diced potatoes to taste.