Serving Size ½ pita pizza
- 2 7-inch whole grain flat breads, pitas or 1 thin crust 12-inch prepared pizza crust
- 2/3 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped – any color
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 cups fat free shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place flat breads on baking sheet. Spread 1/3 cup of hummus over each crust. Arrange the peppers and broccoli over the hummus and top each pita with 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is bubbling and lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes. Slice and serve.
- Per serving: 240 calories, 6g fat, 0.6g saturated fat, 508 mg sodium, 24.5g carbohydrate, 4.3g fiber, 23g protein.